Sweet and sour sauce is one of my absolute favourites and making it from scratch could not be easier.
Not only is making your own sauce at home more cost effective, it also means you can enjoy the delicious flavours of fresh sweet and sour sauce, minus some of the additives you might find in a shop bought sauce.
This recipe makes enough for a large dipping bowl or a stir fry sauce and if you want to make extra you can double the quantities and the sauce will keep in the fridge for a week and a half.
- 1 tablespoon Corn Flour
- 1 tablespoon Water
- 15ml Soy Sauce
- 75ml Rice Wine Vinegar
- 3 tablespoons Ketchup
- 57g Light Brown Sugar
- 125ml Pineapple Juice
- In a small bowl, mix together the water and corn flour and set the mixture to one side.
- In a pan combine the soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, ketchup and sugar.
- Heat the mixture until boiling and until the sugar has completely dissolved.
- Add the pineapple juice and bring the mixture back to boil.
- Reduce heat and add the corn flour mix to the pan.
- Stir until sauce is combined and thickened
- Enjoy as a dipping or stir fry sauce!