If you have never heard of a banana omelette before, they might sound a bit odd but hear us out, because they're actually delicious and super easy to rustle up, even when the cupboards are looking a little bare.
The kids will love this super healthy breakfast and so will you!
This recipe makes enough for one omelette but you can always double up the mixture to make more.
- Half a ripe banana
- 2 mediums eggs
- A sprinkle of ground cinnamon (to taste)
- Coconut oil
- In a bowl, mash the banana until it becomes a smooth paste
- Crack the eggs into a separate bowl and beat them until they are completely mixed
- Gradually add the egg mixture to the mashed banana, stirring constantly
- When all of the egg has been added give the mixture a good stir and sprinkle in the ground cinnamon.
- Heat a small amount of coconut oil in a non-stick frying pan and coat the pan.
- Bring down the heat slightly and pour the omelette mixture into the pan, cook until the omelette beings to look solid all over.
- You can now flip the omelette to finish it off but we prefer to finish ours off under to grill.
- Serve up your delicious banana omelette as it is or with your favourite toppings
Here are a few ideas to get you started: