With summer getting closer, the day in which we toss away our clothes in exchange for a slinky bikini/swimsuit is too, and, who doesn't want to be in the greatest shape ever? Here are a few ways in which you can reach your personal body #goals for summer. 💪
1. Inner Leg Lifts
- Lie on your side in one long line. Move your legs a few inches ahead of you so that you are in a banana shape.
- Lift your ribs and prop your head up on your hand. Be sure that you keep your back and neck in good alignment. *Beginners and those with neck issues will want to lay their heads down on an outstretched arm.
- Bring the foot of your top leg up to rest in front of your hips.
- Thread your top hand behind the calf and grasp the outside of your ankle. This part can be modified so that the foot rests in front of your thigh, and the top hand is flat on the floor in front of your chest for more stability
- Inhale: Keeping the bottom leg straight, reach it so long that it raises up off the floor. Use your inner thigh.
- Exhale: Maintain that sense of length as you lower the leg back down.
- Repeat: Do 5 - 8 sets on each side.
2. Gluteus and Thigh Workout
Keep your back straight, with your neutral spine, and your chest and shoulders up. Keep looking straight ahead at that spot on the wall. As you squat down, focus on keeping your knees in line with your feet. Many new lifters need to focus on pushing their knees out so they track with their feet.
3. Leg Raises
Place yourself on your hands and knees, with your knees under your hips and your hands under your shoulders. Keeping your right leg bent at 90 degrees, raise it behind you as high as you can, squeezing your buttocks. Lower to the starting position. Repeat 8 to 10 times with each leg.