With a little easter twist, moreish caramel and a crumbly biscuit base, our millionaire easter treats are absolutely irresistible and here is how to make them!
- 250g digestive biscuits
- 100g unsalted butter
- 397g condensed milk
- 50ml (about 3 Tbsp) of golden syrup
- 200g unsalted butter
- 20g of caster sugar
- 200g milk chocolate
- Mini eggs and decorations
1. Grease your chosen tray or container and line with baking paper. The container does not need to be oven proof as there is no baking required for this recipe.
2. Crush the digestive biscuits. To do this, you can either put the biscuits into a secure sandwich bag and bash them with a rolling pin, until there are no large lumps of biscuit left or alternatively, you can use a food processor to do this step.
3. While you are crushing the biscuits, melt the butter and then Combine the two.
4. Pour the biscuit mixture into your prepared tin. Once the crumb is spread out evenly, firmly push down to create a nice solid base. pop the base in the fridge to get firm.
5. Make the caramel. Add the condensed milk, sugar, golden syrup and butter into a large pan. Warm the ingredients on a low heat until the butter is completely melted. once the sugar has dissolved, bring the heat up and cook the mixture for about 5 minutes or until the colour of the mixture darkens slightly and it becomes slightly thicker.
6. When the caramel mixture is ready, take it off the heat and leave it to cool for a few moments. Pour the caramel evenly over your biscuit base and leave to cool.
7. Once the caramel is fully cool, melt the chocolate and poor evenly into the tin.
8. Time to decorate! For decoration we have used mini eggs for an easter twist along with some bronze sprinkles but you can use anything! Then leave the mixture to cool and set this will take a couple of hours in the fridge.
9. Finally, with a sharp knife, cut your easter treats into squares and ENJOY!